You can search for any colour in the NCS range from the Search panel. Searching for a notation or parts of a notation can be combined with filters for hue and nuance, allowing for a flexible and powerful way of searching for colours.
Searching for notations
You can search for an NCS notation from the free text search field, for example "S 5020-R50B". You can also omit the "S" and other parts of the notation, such as "5020", "R50B" or "5020 R".
- "S 5020 R50B" (same as "5020 R50B") - Search for the colour with blackness 50, chromaticness 20 and hue R50B (red with 50% resemblance to blue)
- "5020" (same as "S 5020") - Search for colours with blackness 50, chromaticness 20 and any hue.
- "R50B" - Search for colours in any nuance within the hue R50B.
In combination with the free text search for NCS notations, you can filter your search based on pre-defined colour criteria for hues and nuances. The filters can also be used without the free text search.
- Hue "Blue" - Search for colours in any nuance within the hues from R80B to B29G.
- Hue "Orange" and "Red" - Search for colours in any nuance within the hues Y30R to Y79R (Orange) and Y80R to R29B (Red)
- Nuance "Strong" - Search for colours with any blackness and chromaticity above 59 within any hue.
- Hue "Green" and Nuance "Neutral" - Search for colours with any blackness and chromaticity below 09 within the hues B80G to G29Y.